- Prospex "Save the Ocean" Turtle Diver's watch.
- The dial design motif is the graceful Manta Ray as it moves through the ocean.
- This Prospex watch is from Seiko's "Save The Ocean" collection.
- The dial of this special edition timepiece represents the view of the ocean as seen by the 5m deep vision of the Manta Ray endangered species. Its colours echo the gradations of sunlight refraction and the patterns symbolise waves seen from under the sea.
- Seiko donates proceeds from Save The Ocean models to sea conservation organisations.
- This watch shape is nicknamed by Seiko fans as a 'turtle' - its silhouette, side view and watch case back resemble a turtle with its curved comfortable shell.
- To divers, sea turtles are symbols of good fortune. This is the diver’s watch that, just like the sea turtle, is loved by many diving enthusiasts.
- Seiko Prospex watches are designed for sports lovers and adventure seekers in the water, in the sky or on land.
- Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
- Premium sapphire crystal glass with inner anti-reflective coating provides better protection from scratches in your daily life.
- Polished bezel with a ceramic insert.
- The mechanism used is an in-house-built 4R36 automatic movement. This calibre movement houses 24 Jewels and boasts a 41-hour power reserve.
- The uni-directional rotating bezel: The precise and safe operation of the uni-directional bezel prevents accidental rotation. This is to prevent the watch from displaying the elapsed time shorter than it is.
- Displays date and day of the week at the 3 o'clock position.
- 200 metres water resistant.
- Stainless-steel case watch.
- Silver stainless-steel bracelet watch.
- The easy to read dial features luminous indexes and hands.
- Stop seconds hand function.
- Special edition on the case back.
- Packaged in a special edition 'Save the Ocean' box.
- 2-year manufacturer warranty, extended to 3 years through WATCHO Extended Warranty offer.
|Warranty||2 years + 1 year extended from WatchO|
|Edition||Seiko Prospex Save The Ocean|
|Water Resistancy||200 Metres|
|Date Feature||Date display at the 3 o'clock position|
|Day Feature||Day display at the 3 o'clock position|
|Case Back||Bolted case back|
|Bezel Material||Ceramic Bezel Insert|
|Power Reserve||41 Hours|
3 Reviews Write a Review
Service was excellent. Checked alignment for me. Couldn't fault them. Verified WatchO buyer (Purchase date: 13/02/2021)
Exellent! Really Kindness! I'm happy. Verified WatchO buyer (Purchase date: 26/11/2020)
I received my King Turtle last week after a very pleasant process including a call to the shop to have my watch sized before being posted. This is my 4th Turtle and so I thought I knew what to expect. But what a step up these new "King Turtles" are!! The new bezel with its ceramic insert and gorgeous gnarling is a total delight to use. Combined with the sapphire glass this now feels and looks like a much more luxurious watch than before. Its still very much a tool watch though, to my mind, as I have no intention of babying it and in fact have failed to stop wearing it for a week already - making numerous other watches wait in their box. As for the dial....I am totally blown away by it...I already have the previous "Save the Ocean" first iteration watch with its lovely nuanced dial but this again is a massive step up. The manta rays are subtle and viewed most clearly in daylight. The overall effect of this dial is hard to describe succinctly... the best I can say is that it seems almost hand painted - like a work of art - and is extremely evocative of the ocean....I totally adore it and do not tire of staring at it in varying light conditions just to see how it changes. Thoroughly recommend this watch and feel it is worth the uplift in price for the sapphire, ceramic and dial elements. Well Done Seiko!!